A guide to the features of our Exile servers
TOWING with ROPES
- With the vehicle you want to tow behind you, approach your vehicle and select ‘Deploy Tow Ropes’ from the scroll wheel list.
- Walk the ropes over to the other vehicle and select ‘Attach Tow Ropes’.
- You can tow up to 2 vehicles at a time.
NOTE! – If multiple vehicles are attached you MUST sell them in reverse order (last one first) or you will lose some vehicles.
- ‘Drop Tow Ropes’ – If you want to drop them after you’ve picked them up
- ‘Pick Up Tow Ropes’ – To un-tow a vehicle or pick them up off the ground
- ‘Put Away Tow Ropes’ – So they aren’t dragging behind you
TOWING with scroll-wheel option
- With the vehicle you want to tow behind you, approach your vehicle and select the green ‘Tow (vehicle name)’ from the scroll wheel list.
- When finished, approach the rear vehicle and select “Un-tow vehicle”.
- Never use a non-persistent vehicle to tow another vehicle… sometimes the rear vehicle will disappear.
Both of these options can be used at the same time, but you have to be careful of the order in which you un-tow them. Disconnect the rope tow first, then pull forward and un-tow the other vehicle.
- While at your aircraft select ‘Deploy Cargo Ropes’.
- If you have the mod installed you may see an option box on the upper-left of your screen asking how many sling positions you want to deploy.
- Select ‘Pick Up Cargo Ropes’ then move to the cargo you want to sling load and select ‘Attach To Cargo Ropes’.
- Get in your aircraft and fly away!
If you fly too fast you may lose your cargo. Keep an eye on it and you can land and pick it up again.
Some aircraft deploy multiple sets of ropes. You can use these additional ropes to sling additional cargo or attach them to the primary cargo to make it more secure. If slinging multiple vehicles be careful how you load them. If they are banging into each other they might explode. Lengthen or shorten one or more sets of ropes to keep that from happening
You can also:
- ‘Drop Cargo Ropes’ – If you want to drop them after you’ve picked them up
- ‘Retract Cargo Ropes’- To put them back in the aircraft
- ‘Extend Cargo Ropes’ – To lengthen the ropes while flying
- ‘Shorten Cargo Ropes’ – To make ropes shorter while flying
- ‘Release Cargo’ – yeah..
LOADING CARGO INTO VEHICLES
- Back your vehicle up to the cargo you want to load.
- If the vehicle and cargo are compatible you’ll have an option in yellow to ‘Load cargo on (vehicle)’.
- To unload cargo select ‘Unload cargo from (vehicle)’.
Underwater cargo from shipwrecks can be loaded onto SDVs (subs). Approach the crate ‘head on’ and you will get the option to load
- Unload your cargo to the ground at the Waste Dump trader.
- Approach the crate/box, select ‘Take (crate)’, and then select ‘Release (cargo)’
- You can now sell this crate/box to the Waste Dump Trader as if it was a vehicle… Cha-ching!
- Don’t leave empty crates laying around the dump. Either sell them or get rid of them. The Admin can see who left the crate
ENHANCED MOVEMENT SETUP
- Navigate to your keyboard controls customization (escape menu)
- Scroll down on the ‘Show:’ menu to ‘Custom controls’
- Choose a control slot that you want to use (anything other than 1-3) and assign a key binding to it
- If you want to use Arma’s default ‘V’ key make sure to delete the existing key binding under ‘Infantry movement’
- Back at the escape screen, select the ‘Enhanced Movement’ options on the lower-right of the screen
- Click on ‘Keys’, then ‘Jump/Climb’
- Assign the Custom Control slot that you set up above
- Go climb some shit
- You can store vehicles in your Virtual Garage via your XM8
- You can only store and retrieve vehicles while in your territory.
- To store a vehicle open Virtual Garage from your XM8. Choose “Store Vehicle” from the drop-down at the top-left. Select the vehicle you want to store and give it a nickname. Click “STORE VEHICLE”.
- To retrieve a vehicle, open Virtual Garage from your XM8. Choose “Retrievee Vehicle” from the drop-down at the top-left. Select the vehicle you want to retrieve and click “RETRIEVE VEHICLE”.
- Vehicles re-spawn where they were stored originally, so make sure that the area is clear. We suggest having a dedicated spot to store and retrieve vehicles.
- All inventory will be stored with the vehicle.
- The number of vehicles that can be stored increases with each level of your territory.
DEPLOY BIKE or QUAD
Altis is a big map so we decided to make your life a bit easier
- If you are a Bambi you can deploy a quad bike from your XM8
- You can also deploy a regular bike at any time
- You can pack the vehicles back up by selecting ‘Pack [vehicle]’ in the scroll-wheel action list.
Use the View Distance app in your XM8 to customize your view settings. The shorter your view distance the better your FPS will be but you might not see things you need to. Play with it.